Saturday, August 26, 2006

Green screeening The Greening Of Cuba

Over a hundred people turned up to a showing of the greening of cuba in west auckland last night. Jeanett the coleader of the green party gave an amazing speech which covered all the alternatives to oil and how peak oil would affect our economy. It was awesome to see the greens tackling this difficult issue and to see people turning out to find out about it. Hopefully some of the people their will take this information and apply it to their homes and communitys. I had a slideshow of my garden on my laptop which went down well and a dozen or more people asked me for advice or information on starting up gardens and guerrila gardens. Several people expressed an interest in visiting my garden or me helping at their place :)

No comments: