Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Outclassed.

I just found out how completely outclassed I have been by my brother which is great. It turns out he has a dumpstering route which he does every week with six of his friends and occasionally his youth group, they get an entire bootload of food which they spread out between themselves. My brother gives most of his food away.The kids at the school which he is doing social work at have taken to calling him dunkin donuts because he brings all the day old dunkin to school and gives them out. So last night he got 20 bags of jaffas dozens of cans, boxes of vegies and heaps of bread.

This is something I would never have expected from my brother who has always tended to mock or ignore my beliefs, now he is adopting them and is getting better at some of them than I am. It started a month or two ago when he turned up and asked me about whether dumpstering was illegal or not and what to do if security turns up. Now he's better and more experience than me at dumpstering, who would have thought?

2 comments:

weka said...

he turned up and asked me about whether dumpstering was illegal or not and what to do if security turns up.

What did you say?

John said...

I basically said that dumpstering could be prosecuted as theft so to be careful about security. I told him about the run ins with staff and security I've had and how we just talk to them about what we are doing then leave.