Monday, September 10, 2007

No Free Trade Deal With USA !


These are a few of the images I took at todays protest against a free trade deal with the united state. Several top officials from the US governement and senior management from several US based multinations were in Auckland today for free trade talks. The corporate media have given the conference very little coverage and focused on minor details such as one of the diplomats wive's coming to New Zealand to work on sheep farms in the 70's.

The protest today was one of the most full on protest I have been on for a long time with around 100 protesters facing 50+ cops. The confrontation resulted in three arrests and some coverage in the media.

Some of the images are pretty :)




















3 comments:

George said...

craziness...

Marcy said...

Yay! Good for them. They should protest any kind of deal with the U.S. The U.S. sucks. And I'm a U.S. citizen.

What's funny is that at one time, being a U.S. citizen garnered some admiration. Maybe? Possibly? But now, when I say that I'm a U.S. citizen, it seems as if I'm saying that I'm an immoral terrorist colonialist asshole. Yuck.

John said...

Resisting US citizens are very cool :) As bill hicks would say about nationalism "I didnt have much choice in the matter my parents just happened to fuck there." "There I was going 'fuck in paris, fuck in paris'"

Anyway was nuts