Monday, September 17, 2007

Pics of the garden

Its nice to be on holidays, I built another garden bed today up the front today, I think overall I have more than doubled the growing area over last year. The soil is also way better than last year so hopefully we will get a bumper crop. I think the biggest mistake I made last year was not watering enough, I was working 6 or 7 days a week and by the time I got home didnt feel like working in the garden. Hopefully this summer should be quiet and allow plenty of time for gardening and working on some other outdooor skills. I plan to host and informal primitive/permaculture skills week probably in january for friends which should be fun.


This is one of the more fucked up ex-battery hens having a walk through the strawberry bed.

The peach tree and fire pit :)




The main garden beds and hot house also the typical suburban street next to me. I have no doubts that in a food shortage my lush garden and chickens will not be safe for long.

No comments: